Have you heard of Coloured Cotton?
What is Coloured cotton? Coloured Cotton is a type of naturally grown cotton which has been genetically modified with colour. And when it comes to our standard weave and dye process, since it comes with colour, there is no extra water and chemical dye needed in the latter production. Hence, this is definitely a zero pollutant type of fibre.
Because it has been genetically modified, the colour on the cotton looks extremely natural and classic. And also because this fibre is not chemically treated, the yarn itself still remains some cotton seed shell, reflecting its natural texture.
This material is mainly suitable to make casual styles with seasonal trendy touch. Some of the characteristics of Coloured Cotton are:
- Environmentally Friendly
- Antistatic - quick in regaining moisture
- Low pill rate
On the flip side, because coloured cotton is generally modified, it is not a type of organic fabric, hence there is no GOTS Certificate to support it. And the based requirement for Organic Cotton is zero genetic modification and zero peasant.
So, is coloured cotton sustainable? Will you be interested in using this new fibre?
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- How influential is Social Media Influencers in Sustainability?
- What does Vivify Textiles and its Sister Company PHOENXT do in Circularity?
- Unique Ideas to help Families Celebrate Easter during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- What is Zurich doing for Circular Economy?
- Is coloured cotton sustainable?
- Women Entrepreneurs Online Network
- How many plastic bottles can you save?
- Global Sustainable Fashion Week Budapest 2019
- Australian Circular Fashion Conference 2019
- Big Announcement!
- Circularity in Australia
- We are so excited to move to our Berlin Office
- #WarOnWaste - What does fabric waste mean?
- What is Sustainable Fashion or Eco Fashion?
- New Bamboo Fabrics
- New Innovative Fabrics For Sustainable Fashion
- Organic Fabrics
- The Academy Kpop Boot Camp
- What's recycled fabrics?
- Econyl Initiative & Production
- Vivify Textiles is on Channel 9
- Increase Usage of Recycled Fibre Garments